Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Kids say the darndest things!

I sat down next to Colton and he said, "Mom, I think when I grow up I am going to be a doctor, or maybe a just a Palenontologist.

Colton is very into dinosaurs. His Aunty Ilima was reading him a book and she stumbled over the name of one of the dinosaurs. He told her "Aunty, its a para-saura-lophis!" The next day she said, "Hey look Colton it's a parasauralophyis." And his reply was, "Oh good Aunty you remember how to say it!"

A few days later we were at the mall and Colton was acting up. I told him if he didn't behave he would be grounded from TV for a whole day! He said okay and we headed out of the store. A lady held the door for him on the way out and he told her, "Thank you. (Then more quietly and with a side glance to me he whispered) I have to be good or my mommy says I will be grounded from television."

Aunty Ilima must bring out something in Colton! She made some cinnamon rolls for breakfast and she asked him if he wanted some. He said "No, I don't like those. I will just have cereal." When they came out of the oven she said, "Are you sure?" He looked at the rolls and said, "Hmm. On second thought, I think I will have one. They look delicious!."

No comments: